This post is a collection of advices from various sources (Icy Veins & TeamBRG). The tables show where to equip the skills if you play Diablo 3 on a PC, but the build can also be use for any version of the game.
A few tips
- Start the game on Hard difficulty;
- Once you reach level 8, craft a blue 2H axe. Then at level 16, craft the highest possible 2-handed axe you can to significantly increase your damage output. Don’t forget to “train” your Blacksmith to its highest possible level as often as you can. And occasionally check for craftable axe;
- Red gems (Ruby) should always be combined as much as possible as it’s the best gem to put in BOTH your Helmet and Weapon during the leveling up phase. Green gems (Emerald), for additional Dexterity, go into any other open socket;
- Get Leoric’s Crown, but not before level 23. It means that you shouldn’t kill him at all before you reach that level. Once you have the crown, slot it with the highest red gem you can combine and use it until level 70;
- Use the Templar as follower as soon as possible;
- The best skills of the Templar are all the skills on the left.
The levelling route
The table below shows the optimal way to use the skills as they unlock.
|1||LMB||Fists of Thunder|
|2||RMB||Lashing Tail Kick|
|6||LMB||Fists of Thunder – Thunderclap|
|7||RMB||Lashing Tail Kick – Vulture Claw Kick|
|10||Passive 1||Fleet Footed||12||1||Blinding Flash – Self Reflection||13||1||Exploding Palm||13||Passive 1||Exalted Soul|
|15||RMB||Lashing Tail Kick – Sweeping Armada|
|15||2||Dashing Strike – Way of the Falling Star|
|17||LMB||Crippling Wave – Mangle|
|18||1||Exploding Palm – Flesh is Weak|
|19||4||Mantra of Salvation (auto)|
|20||Passive 2||Chant of Resonance|
|21||3||Cyclone Strike – Eye of the Storm|
|21||4||Mantra of Retribution|
|25||RMB||Wave of Light – Explosive Light|
|25||1||Exploding Palm – Strong Spirit|
|27||B||Mystic Ally – Water Ally|
|28||3||Blinding Flash – Replenishing Light|
|28||4||Mantra of Retribution – Retaliation|
|30||Passive 3||Seize the Initiative|
|35||4||Mantra of Conviction – Overawe|
|38||4||Mantra of Healing – Circular Breathing|
|39||1||Mystic Ally – Air Ally|
|46||3||Sweeping Wind – Inner Storm|
|57||RMB||Wave of Light – Pillar of the Ancients|
The levelling build
The table below shows the optimal levelling build at level 34.
|LMB||Crippling Wave – Mangle|
|RMB||Wave of Light – Explosive Light|
|1||Mystic Ally – Water Ally|
|2||Dashign Strike – Falling Star|
|3||Blinding Flash – Replenishing Light|
|4||Mantra of Retribution – Retaliation|
|Passive 1||Exalted Soul|
|Passive 2||Chant of Resonance|
|Passive 3||Seize the Initiatvie|
How to play the build
Spirit generation is key to this build. WoL is the most expensive skill in the Monk repertoire, learn not to spam to the last man standing! Leave stragglers, use your generators, Templar and Mystic Ally to finish them off. WoL is expensive, man.
Dashing Strike – is the key to leveling up “fast”. This ultra versatile skill helps you re-position and travel. Learn to abuse this early and often as you’ll likely be using this no matter what type of Monk you’ll be playing.
Exploding Palm is the anti-elite skill here, and anti-chunk. Using it can be quite frustrating to learn but it’s worth it.
Mystic Ally-Air Ally: when using this skill, DO NOT wait for your Spirit to be dry. Use it at around half since the earlier you use it, the earlier it will come up.